Friday, July 02, 2010

WatCh OuT!!

FiNallY....... a job!  Yes, a real job!
I got the call this morning that I had been selected for one of the positions I had applied for recently.  All of a sudden the stress was lifted off my shoulders and I could breathe again.
Over the past month and a half I had been putting in applications for nurse openings at hospitals within an hours drive of my home.  I was willing to drive because I just wanted to start working alongside those who love to do what I do and learn something new every day.
It was looking bleak for awhile.... I was honestly beginning to think there was something wrong with me.
But roughly two weeks ago I had gotten a call from one of the hospitals asking for an interview.  I was super excited because it was for the department I have dreamed of working in.  I was nervous.... really, really, nervous but I was able to make it through without anything coming out wrong or acting like a complete freak.  I felt good about it but I always have that one little doubt of uncertainty until I know the outcome.
I've always had to work hard for what I wanted.  I joke saying I've got the worst luck of anyone.  If something wrong is going to happen it's going to happen to me.  No matter what, though, I keep going even when I don't feel like it.
I can now say that I am now an ER nurse.... and ohhh.... watch out!  While doing clinicals in the ER I never wanted to leave.  It was a non-stop learning experience and now I get to do this for a profession.... yes, a real profession.
Who would of thought it!?! 
xx

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's great!! Congrats on the new job. I have a great respect for all nurses, but especially ER nurses because of what you all see on a regular basis!

Rachey said...

Congratulation Hon you so deserve this after all the hard work you have put in over the years, I'm so so happy for you ♥
Loads of Hugs,
Rachel
xxxx